- Consult your GP or pharmacist before taking any medication during pregnancy .
- Side effects from some medication can cause harm and defects to your baby.
- Medications taken before pregnancy may be contraindicated during pregnancy: seek medical advice before conceiving about any medication you take on a regular basis.
- Some medicines need to be modified or removed altogether before conception, as they can be toxic to fetal development.
- It is important to stop any harmful medication as soon as you know you are pregnant.
- There are common minor ailments (haemorrhoids, nausea, varicose veins, reflux, constipation etc) that occur in pregnancy for which some medications are contraindicated during pregnancy. Always check with your GP, midwife or pharmacist.
- Some medications may be restricted only during certain times of your pregnancy or may be required when the health of the mother is at stake and treatment is required.</gras
Aspirin can cause bleeding during pregnancy or cause fetal cardiac defects. Paracetamol is therefore advised as a pain killer.
Always seek medical advice before taking any treatment whatsoever.
<gras> Learn more about medication and its dangers during pregnancy.
See the website of The MHRA (Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency) http://www.mhra.gov.uk/index.htm
: you will find information on the risks of medicine during pregnancy.
Any form of medicinal product such as tablets, capsules, syrup, ointment, nasal drops or eye, gel, ointment, suppository, patch, etc..) can be harmful.
Beware of herbal medicinal and aromatherapy products sold at chemists or over the Internet. Check with a doctor or pharmacist that they are not contraindicated during pregnancy.
It is also important to warn any doctor that you are pregnant when needing vaccines or to undergo radiology.
For more information
A voir également
Communautés d'assistance et de conseils.
Medicaments contre indiqués chez la femme enceinte
Medicamentos y embarazo: una mujer embarazada no debe jamás toma
Medikamente in der Schwangerschaft